Blog background

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Bucket List Painting

I've already written about our summer bucket list; it has been a really fun and engaging way to keep the kids from always just sitting around being "bored" all summer. Roo loves looking through the stack of cards and picking out her activity. It's almost like a present or surprise for her, plus it makes it super easy on me to seem like an awesomely fun mom!
When we were making the list, I really wanted to include some things that Phia could participate in as well, especially when it involved art projects. Messy play was also something I really wanted involved. I think sometimes we as parents are so concerned with keeping things clean and easy that we forget to let our kids get messy, really messy, and just let go and have true kid style fun!
One thing I came across on my search for activities was shower painting. It is what it sounds like: you give the kid paint, put them in a dry shower, and let them go nuts. Sounded great, except Phia loves to eat EVERYTHING. So, I found a "recipe" for edible paint! Basically it is just sweetened condensed milk, water, and food coloring. It worked great. Until it started to dry. Then it got kinda terrible. It dried super sticky, so all of the places that the girls had painted on their bodies began to stick together. Little round tummies began to stick to chunky little thighs. Places like arms and legs began to have their hair ripped out. Not such a fun art project anymore. The good news was that it cleaned up super easy with just the spray of the shower and the crisis was averted. We will try this again because they really did enjoy it, but this time I will use a different paint recipe.
Roo jumped right in painting the walls. . .and Phia.

Phia was much more concerned with taste testing the paint. Judging by the amount she ate, it was delicious.


Looks like it's a hit!






What fun is painting if you don't use your feet?


Little bit here...

Pretty little artist

I love that it looks like blood smeared on the wall behind her, and she looks like a giddy little vampire.

 Clean up was just as fun!






2 comments:

gloverfamily said...

AWESOME! She does look like a vampire! And, I love her look of adoration at Bella when the water is on. Too fun.

Mommy of THREE little MONKEYS said...

FUUUUNNNNNN!!! I love painting with the feet!