Blog background

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dream a Little Dream.


Sometimes I swear Bella lives in her own imaginary place away from the rest of us. A place full of princesses, and castles, and music, and color. A place that she is always royalty or a beautiful ballerina. Sometimes I wish I could go there with her. But what is it about being an adult that hinders you from being able to really let go and escape to that beautiful imaginary place that most of us had as children? So, now I am content to watch her play and dream and live in a world full of magical things that only she can see. I want to be the protector of that wonderful world and keep the real world away. I want to prevent anyone from stifling that wondrous creativity that she carries with her always. 
I love that almost everything she touches instantly becomes something else, something more wonderful in her eyes. I love that she has imaginary friends that go everywhere with her and keep her safe. I love that in her world, all words can be made into songs. I love that to her, anything is a stage and anytime is a good time to dance. I hope she never ever stops believing in those things and never forgets that the whole world is her stage, and I, her ever captivated audience.   

1 comment:

Mommy of THREE little MONKEYS said...

That sounds like such a fun world to live in. It seems like so long ago that I lived in an imaginary world. i look forward to watching my girls grow up in that kind of world.
Im so glad you have posted again. I miss reading the things you have to write about.