Blog background

Thursday, April 3, 2008

What I want to be

ok well since I haven't blogged in so long, there is quite a bit to catch everyone up on. . . .
where to start, where to start. . . . 
I guess I will start with me.
Most importantly I guess, my photography "career" seems to slowly but surely be taking off thanks to a good friend who has been serving as my unofficial booking agent. I shot her daughter's birthday party which was a lot of fun, and then I did a book signing for a local newspaper. That was pretty nerve wracking I must admit!
I also have a couple of bookings for later this spring. I so excited that this is all happening, but it is really scary!! Most of the pictures I've taken have just been here at home, playing around with the camera-no pressure! So to have an actual event that I HAVE to get great pics of is crazy stressful!!! But so far I have gotten really good feedback, so I am pretty proud of myself! Its made me really think about the kind of photographer I want to be. You know in the movies when it shows the cute couple all in love and they have that montage scene of all their great pictures together, laughing and playing, and going about their day, like they have their own personal photographer following them to document their daily life ?? Well thats what I want to be. I want to take pictures of people's everyday moments. Feeding their baby, washing the dog, playing at the park. I don't want fancy outfits and poses in my pictures. I want people to be able to look back through the photographs I've taken and remember THAT moment, the way things were then. For instance, this morning Bella was helping me make my bed, and I thought it would be so great if someone were here to capture that moment. It was adorable watching her try to pull up those big heavy covers! She was so cute with her little self barely tall enough to reach them, but trying to be such a big helper for mommy. Those are the moments I want to capture for everyone else. The ones that you look back on and smile at the memory. Like a secret photographer catching those moments that may seem insignificant now, but will be the most cherished later on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bethany, I saw your book signing pics in the paper, and thanks for the pics from the bday party. you do a great job! glad everything is working out for your career. thanks for sending the blog address to me.

stacey sanders parker(jackson's mom)

*Princess Mommy* said...

I JUST now saw that you commented on this! lol! I don't know that you will even get my reply, but thanks for your comment!