Blog background

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Almost Wordless Wednesday

My surprise this morning.

I love that face :)
It's really not THAT cold in our house!
This picture makes me so happy. Let me tell you why. In 2007, Rob and I took a trip to Italy with Nana. While we were there, I spotted this doll in a store window and HAD TO HAVE IT. Everything about her is handmade/hand sewn, and even though you can't see it, she has the most adorable face!!!
When we went back to the place to get her (which we almost couldn't find), she wasn't in the window anymore! So, I made everyone search high and low through the mounds of dolls and animals until we found her. No other one would do.
When we got home, I excitedly gave "Lucy" to Bella who could not have been less interested in her. Nor has she been one bit interested in her in the three years since we brought her home.
Until recently. Lately, she loves playing with her and snuggling up with her on the couch. Ahhh, so happy!

Ok, maybe I am being too crazy about keeping the heating bill down. . . .
My little grown up girl! Talking to her very bestest friend M.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bella, you are such a good artist. Draw one for Noni to put on my fridge. :)
And Bethany, if I come to visit, I will remember to wear my long johns.