Blog background

Thursday, December 2, 2010

BFF

Yesterday Bella and I were out doing some Christmas shopping when suddenly she explodes out with, "MAMA LOOK!" She was so excited about whatever she was looking at that I was sure it HAD to be a person with 2 heads. It wasn't. It was even better. She had found one of those heart necklaces that is broken into 2 piece and says "Best Friends" on it when you put the 2 pieces together. The best part was, she wanted it, NEEDED it even. . .for us to wear. How could I tell her no when she looked up at me and asked so sweetly, "Please can we get these mommy? We need them because me and you are best friends, and when we wear these necklaces, we will be best friends forever. Even when we aren't together, we will have our necklaces to remind us."
My heart melted.
Needless to say, we are now the proud owners/wearers of a beautiful, new, $8.95 Best Friends necklace. It is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry, and I will wear it proudly every day. . .until it turns my neck green. Then we might graduate to real white gold.

3 comments:

Mommy of THREE little MONKEYS said...

SO SWEET! That brought a tear to my eye!

Anonymous said...

Oh Bethany, how sweet was that.. Bella may loose hers before your neck turns green. ha. Noni

*Princess Mommy* said...

lol!! Noni you are probably right!
although if I'm am going to be really honest here, I will probably lose mine before she does! HA!