Blog background

Thursday, December 30, 2010

THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!

This is the greatest day of my life!!!!!!!
If I heard that once, I heard it a thousand times!
Christmas this year was amazing. That's the only way to describe it. Just plain great. It wasn't our biggest Christmas. In fact, it was one of our smallest. But truth be told, our kids didn't need a thing. So the gifts they did get were exactly the ones they asked for. No fluff. No real extras. And honestly, it was awesome! The pictures capture the mood better than my words ever could, so here you go!

I am so happy that I have been able to capture this moment year after year. It is such a magical second, that instant they turn the corner and see all the presents piled under the tree. 

 Seriously, I adore that little girl and her excitement over everything in life! Even stuffed chameleons! 
 PS3! YES!!
 From the look on her face, you'd expect this gift to be something super amazing right?
It was a tiny rabbit family for her doll house. Does life get any better?!
 That is a happy pre-teen boy. 
 More doll house things. You really would have thought we had given her keys to the whole wide world. 
 My favorite shot of the entire day. Her excitement completely overcame her and she just had to stop and laugh. "This is the greatest day of my life!" 
That girl is my whole heart!
 At the last moment, Roo decided she really wanted an American Girl doll. And I mean at the very last moment. As in, too late to get it overnighted from FedEx. Not even for Santa. 
Not only was it last minute, but of course our little Princess wanted the doll that was going to be discontinued right after Christmas. Super.  
Little did we know, a Daddy elf had already ordered this most special of dolls, and it magically appeared under the tree on Christmas morning. Santa and Daddy elves are truly amazing. We are so lucky to have them both. 
 There was magic of all kinds Christmas morning!

 everybody got what they wanted this Christmas. Even Daddy. 


 Mommy got what was at the top of her wish list!

Even the dogs got their favorite things! Except Beau thought they were both for him and hogged the bones all morning. 

Lily wasn't even going to waste her time trying to steal back her bone. She couldn't have if she had wanted to though-Beau didn't put them down all morning. 
I think this pretty much sums it up!
(that's me with a sheet of piping hot cookies, Zach with his "video game 3", and Bella & Daddy looking at her drawings on her easel)

2 comments:

gloverfamily said...

So FUN!! I think this post is the defintion of festive. My favorite is the one where it is just too much and she had to lay down for a giggle break!

Also, definitely not my tree in the pic on my post! It is pretty, but it's my mother in law's!

Anonymous said...

Bethany... loved the matching p.j.'s. Never stop. This is the first year, everyone (all of us) have coordinating P.j.'s. You look good too. Put a picture on here of you standing up. :) NOni