Blog background

Friday, June 22, 2012

Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer

This summer we decided to try something different in an attempt to keep summer boredom at bay. We made a summer bucket list. I kept seeing them all over pinterest, and thought it was a really great idea. So, we all sat down together one day and made a list of about 50 things we'd like to do over the next few months. None of them are super elaborate or expensive, most are super simple. They have all been a lot of fun! Here are a few of the things we have done so far. . .


 Made Gak. . .






Mad Scientist laugh. . .holding the brain

 Phia has a list too. . .here she is completing her wish to read every book in her room at the same time.


 feeding herself with a spoon and her hands

 on a mission to push every single button in the house.

 and climb every surface

 "What Mommy? I'm not doing anything, just standing here being super adorable!"

 Visited a local Amish bakery. 
 Roo loved this place! They had kid sized carts and everything was low enough for her to reach it herself. 

 Phia makes this face every time I say, "CHEEEESE!"  I LOVE IT!

 I adore the milk jars!

Made cloud dough. This was a big hit with both of the girls. It was so soft and smelled divine! It was super messy, but so worth it!



 Somebody loves their big sister!








it felt great between little piggies. 

Built a pillow bed and had a sleepover in Mommy & Daddy's room 



Went bowling

 Phia crossed "be cooler than everybody else" off her list.



We've still got lots more fun to have! I'll be updating along the way!

*Wacky is completing his mission of "be gone as much as possible all summer." He just got back from church camp, left for Florida today with his friend Piper, will go on a hugh tour of the mid/north west with Granny K a week after returning from the beach, will then go to zoo camp thanks to Nana, and will leave for our annual Pickwick vacation the day after he finishes camp! I don't think I will recognize him when he finally comes home!

This summer is going to be a blast for everyone!

2 comments:

gloverfamily said...

The pic of the two of them in the tub grinning is PRECIOUS! I don't know how you have any room left in your house that is not covered in pictures because they are all so cute. I swear I wouldn't be able to tell which ones to frame! Love the fun summer!

Anonymous said...

I hope you never stop Blogging.. I love the pictures and following the adventures of the DeFir household.. love you all.
I think i recoginise a dress and maybe a blanket in the pictures. lol... Love you and keep them coming!