Blog background

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gobble! Gobble!

We started our Thanksgiving festivities this year with a trip to Nana's house, and we dined like royalty! She always sets the most beautiful, fancy table for special occasions-it could make eating cereal feel like a big deal! The food was SO YUMMY and we really enjoyed spending a relaxing afternoon with her, just eating and watching a little football.

Isn't that a beautiful table!?


I call this "Sophisticated Caveman"


Ohhh my. This picture does not do that turkey (or ham) justice!


Nana and the kids


Bella loves Nana's Christmas Tree. It's decorated with ornaments from old classic movies-mainly Gone With the Wind. So pretty!

After we left Nana's we headed out for yet another adventure. . . meeting long lost relatives. Through the strange wonder that is Facebook, I have recently gotten in touch with an Aunt & Cousin that I used to be close with when I was just a very tiny munchkin. "Talking" with them over facebook was neat enough, but I wasn't expecting to feel quite so very happy about actually meeting them. Don't get me wrong-I was excited! But those of you that know me, know I have a bit of social anxiety and pretty much freak out at the thought of meeting new people. Generally, this involves a lot of sweating and panic on my part. Followed by a total inability to come up with anything intelligent or witty to say. And ending with me hiding safely behind Rob while He proceeds to charm everyone beyond belief. I both love him and hate him for that ability. Mostly love him though :)
So this little introduction wasn't really any different, especially the part where I had to walk into a house full of people I din't know and ask for someone I haven't seen in about 26 years! Yep, I was in full panic mode. Short of breath, heart palpitations, and everything. That lasted all of 5 seconds! From the moment my little family walked into this big family's gathering, we felt SO welcome and loved, like we really were always just a regular part of their family. It was wonderful and amazing. Everyone was so sweet!!! My cousin is ADORABLE and hilarious and goes non-stop. My face was hurting from laughing at her by the end of the night. My Aunt and Uncle are just the sweetest people you could ever imagine. Seriously. I've just never felt so at ease. There were tons of kids and they all had the best time together-like they had been friends forever too. Bella even cried when it was time to leave because she didn't want to leave her cousin. I totally understood how she felt-this was the kind of family you didn't want to leave. It was such a gift to reconnect with them-especially on Thanksgiving! We all had such a great time and hope to see them again really really soon!

Me and my beautiful cousin


The girls. Instant friends!


The whole long lost gang



Saturday, we headed over to PapaGigi's for our 3rd Thanksgiving feast! It was yet another super fun day, full of family and delicious food! We ate, watched football, and then played a version of football in the front yard. Really, I don't know what it would be called, but it involved a football, kicking, throwing, and a LOT of laughing!





Bella has clearly missed her calling as a professional punter.


Zach, however, has serious potential as a quarterback-his arm is crazy good!!!



Hope everyone had as wonderful of a Thanksgiving as we did!

No comments: