Blog background

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

That Big, Stupid, Purple Dinosaur

For Bella's entire life I have managed to avoid the nightmare that is Barney. The dumb purple dinosaur with the horrid t.v. show and even worse music, you know the one. I can't help it, I despise it, and I have somehow miraculously managed to keep her from ever seeing it for over 5 years.
I'm amazing, I know.
And those of you parents out there who are forced to suffer through the torture are jealous.
I know.
Don't be.
Along the way, someone, somewhere has betrayed me.
I know this because yesterday, while I was studying, Bella found Barney on t.v. (it's getting so much harder to hide things from her now that she can read!), and since I was distracted, decided to take a little looksy.
About 10 minutes in, I overheard one of the horrible songs and immediately said, "Oh no missy, no Barney. Turn that off."
Her response? Get ready for this one, it's good. . . .
"Why Mommy? It's just a wonderful show full of adorable children and a lovable purple dinosaur. What's wrong with that?"
She really said that to me. And how do I argue with that?

I can't make this stuff up.

3 comments:

Tinksmama said...

There is nothing you can say to that! And Bella is so right he is just a lovable purple Dino! Too Cute

Mommy of THREE little MONKEYS said...

HAHAHA! I can see the look on her face when she says it too!

oh and i love her use of adjectives......such a smart little cookie!

*Princess Mommy* said...

it's the homeschooling ;)-