Blog background

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Just venting

about a month ago my notoriously early rising princess began sleeping in to the wondrous hour of 9 (actually it was usually more like 930). I have no idea why, but I generally try not to question God's little miracles. This was such a beautiful gift for so many reasons. I got to enjoy a bit of quiet time in the morning before she woke up. I got to get a few things done. I could even sleep in if I wanted to, and oh did I want to! Waking up at 9 is a miraculous feat for me (just ask Rob). My whole life, I have been cursed with a sleep cycle that insists upon waking by 7:30am, regardless of the goings on the night before. So for God to bless me with the gift of Bella sleeping in, PLUS I'm sleeping in as well. . . it's nothing short of miraculous.
Ah, but alas, all good things must come to an end. A very unfortunate end. And it has. My beautiful, blissful late mornings have come to a screeching halt.
Beginning this past Monday, the Princess has returned to her prior early rising status. 
WHY???? WHY HAVE THOU FORSAKEN ME???!!!!!
What have I done?? What can I do to make it right again? Give me a sign and it shall be done!
Pray more? What do the muslims do? I'll top that!  Eat worms? Delicious!  Feed the hungry? Call me Betty Crocker. . . do they like worms?
Show me what I need to do to return to good graces and I will do it.
I will be waiting God. . . waiting  here in my comfy bed with my light blocking eye mask for a sign. . . .Could you let my sign be a silent baby monitor tomorrow morning until about 9:30ish please?? I'm really exhausted.

1 comment:

Prince Daddy said...

NICE! The worst part is that you never actually commented on her late sleeping until Sunday night, when you said "I'm really going to try and sleep late tomorrow, so please be quiet when you leave" OH WELL!! Bella Sunshine DeFir was up with Jesus and the Mexicans!! Thank you oh Lord of Hosts for your blessings are raining down upon us..wait that's not rain!